USAN Project was a new field development in 750 m water depth and 100 km South of the Nigerian coast.
USAN has been developed with 42 subsea wells connected to a 2 MMbbls storage FPSO via 2 production loops, 2 water injection lines and 1 gas injection line.
The OML 138 block in Nigeria contains the USAN field which started production in February 2012.
On the FPSO USAN project Actemium Oil & Gas Maintenance and Pace had provided respective expertise.
Actemium Oil & Gas Maintenance had executed the Maintenance & Inspection Engineering Contract:
- Execution of maintenance engineering work in order to define the maintenance strategy, programme and schedule based the criticality review and Reliability Centred Maintenance,
- Execution of inspection engineering work to check the USAN assets and define the inspection strategy, programme and schedule using Risk-Based Inspection (Fame+ Software) for pressure equipment
- Preparation of templates for data integration into the computerised maintenance & inspection management system (CMIMS),
- Issue of maintenance & inspection manuals and first-level maintenance procedures,
- Assistance for the hand-over of MIE documentation to the GM(I)C/Subsidiary.
Pace have put in place on this General Maintenance Contract (GMC) project 2 phases:
- Recruitment and initial training
- Maintenance Services (preventive, corrective) of all floating equipment (topside): mechanics, electricity, instrument
- Onshore support team (spare warehouses follow-up)
Pace have put in place on the MIEC USAN FPSO the Maintenance and Inspection Engineering Services, including the following activities:
- Data collection and compilation,
- Maintainability & inspectability studies,
- Maintenance and inspection plans (through RCM, RBI methods and optimization ),
- Spare part recommendations / optimization and specific tools,
- CMIMS Database creation and implementation,
- Documentation for operation and maintenance.